On the other hand, it's Thursday, so that counts for something. And I got a free hibachi lunch, and I'm currently enjoying a Starbucks caramel macchiato and a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. I have no right to complain about anything.
The other day I felt like I was between projects, but I've managed to fill up the needles again. Currently cast on are
- Mardi Gras Chat. I cast him on last night: a nice big fat kitty cat that I'm striping in Mardi Gras purple, gold, and green. I'll probably rename him "Mardi Gras Fat Cat" since, well, I'm not knitting a chat, I'm knitting un chat.
- Corny Menswear Socks. This is not my first time at the sock rodeo, but it's my first using magic loop and doing two at a time. And it's with very splitty yarn on size 1s. I'm guessing that once I get past the the toes I'll be good; I just have to get there. On the other hand, I bought this yarn in 2007 with the intention of making myself a pair of socks, and the time is now!
- March 2011 Mystery KAL project. Not sure if this is going to turn out. I'm definitely off gauge (I measure 2-3/4 inches where by gauge I should measure 3 inches). Plus I found out what it's going to be (although I won't tell here!), and I'm meh. But for now I'm up to date with the clues, so I can let it rest until next Tuesday when the next clue is posted.
- Padraig Cap. This is pattern testing. It's off the needles now. There is some pick-up knitting to be done and then assembly (building out the brim, etc.) and blocking. Also, I want to write up my suggestions for wording improvement and get that to the designer. My goal is to have cap and feedback complete by end of the weekend at the very latest; end of Saturday would be better.
- Pesto Dotty Bag. This is another pattern test. I'm about half done and so far don't have any suggestions for improving the pattern; the designer's done a good job writing it up. It's a cute little bag, although there are two things slowing my progress:
1. The 16" circular I'm using is too small; the 32" I also own is too big. I need a 20"!
2. Every other row is K1P1 (or P1K1)... slow going! But the overall pattern is lovely.
- Shamrock with bling, which is just a silly little pattern for a Ravelry contest. The shamrock itself is knitted; I just have to "bling it up" and submit my entry. I'll probably just sew in some of the seed beads I have from Mom's counted cross stitch supplies. (postjack/ Why do I still think of things as Mom's? She's been gone for 5-1/2 years. If it's in my house, it's mine. I know that, but why don't I know it? /postjack)
Most of these are close to done, so I'll have to be on the lookout for my next projects. There was a lovely cardigan in the Spring 2011 issue of Interweave Knits that caught my eye. Also, I know I have a lot of favorites on Rav I can contemplate. Counting Crows sweater? Easter eggs? Catfish? So many possibilites... fun, fun, fun!