Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Using up stash

I finished another little blanket animal blanky yesterday. Yay! I'm intending to donate to LV Pints 'n Purls for the charity knitting we've been doing for local animal shelters. Problem is, I only have until next Tuesday to hand it in, and I don't know that I'll get it handed in on time. If I don't, I'll either keep it and let one of my own awesome kitties use it or I'll donate to a shelter myself.

Here's the pattern; I found this stitch browsing through my copy of The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches. And I got to use up more of the Babysoft Solid that I've had in stash for years. Good stuff!

Little Checked Blanket

650 yds Lion Brand Babysoft Solid, in Bluebell, held double throughout
Size 13 circular needle

Gauge: I didn't even bother with gauge on this one... it's a little blanky!

Finished size: 25 in x 26 in

K = knit
P = purl
rep = repeat

NOTE: Yarn is held double for this project.

Cast on 76 sts.
Row 1 - 4: *K4, P4, rep from * to end.
Row 5 - 8: *P4, K3, rep from & to end.

Repeat these 8 rows 12 times. Bind off. End yarn. Weave in ends.

Needless to say, this finished size of this can be easily adjusted by adding additional pattern repeats per row (multiples of 8).

No comments:

Post a Comment